Monday, January 25, 2010

First Memory

Photos , Stories ; told verbally or taped, shows our past. We have one thing that does exactly the same thing, that's our powerful brain; great in storing things , solving problem, interacting, without a doubt the human brain is the most amazing thing ever existed. That aside, i was always wondering, how come i cant remembered a thing when i was a baby? It's a mystery that i might not find the answer ever in my life-time. Same answers given when i asked my peers about their memories as a baby. Non of us remembered anything. Amused as i am, i shall continue, people talked about memories of their life; sad, tragic, happy. I remembered once my teacher told me, the memory that u will remember the most is the one that hurts you the most. Some told me otherwise, saying happy memories lasts forever and so forth. But to me, the memory that i remembered the most in every detail possible is my childhood. That, i would refer as my FIRST MEMORY.
I remembered getting a toy car as a present, ride on my first blue bicycle which i still have it in my car porch, and falling down the stair while riding on my bicycle, i also remembered going to Genting Highlands theme park. And all of that after confirming with my parents, all those things happened when i was around four years old. So, i can roughly conclude that we start to remember things and event when we are 3-4 years old. Now it seems memory that i stored in my brain doesn't last that long or in detail as those rascally days. I wonder this is why old people get Alzheimer disease. It really breaks my heart seeing our elders slowing losing their memories and one day completely forgotten us. Maybe that is why we should start blogging our memories so that any significant event will be remembered or at least saved in a physical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment